This seaweed is collected directly from Chile's coastline by gatherer families. Free of any chemical intervention and, besides, choice of tables in haute cuisine in society.
Cochayuyo, whose scientific name is Durvillaea Antarctica, has taken part of the diet from the ancient gatherer communities to tables in current society. Buenalimento presents two packing possibilities to domestic market: packed in an 80 grammes bag or a net bag of 200 grammes.
This seaweed is extracted from the sea, from cliffs and rocks and it is considered a wild and natural product, free of chemical applications. Formerly a popular food, now a "secret" of the most informed sectors, and sold in naturist centres in delicate preparations. It is rich in fiber, high in iodine and with low-fat content, making it an ideal foodstuff for healthy and balanced diets.
Information about packages: Download
Recycling points: Download
Technical specifications: Download
Tips to consider preferring cochayuyo seaweed
- Clearance effect
- It contains alginic acid which has depurative and detoxifying properties.
- Alginic acid collects impurities from the human body. Finally, it gets rid of wastes, clearing the organism.
- It can control the cholesterol reducing its levels in the blood.
- It provides more calcium than milk.
- There are also different ways to use cochayuyo seaweed as weight controller.
- It is high protein intake (12%) and rich in minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese and sodium).
- It is regulator of blood pressure.
- Prevents constipation because of its high fibre content.
- Its high level of iodine allows a preventive control of goiter and hypothyroidism.
- It regulates heartburn